Fuck you and and the ice cream truck you rode in on Switzer !!

Home Forums SteelerFury Refugees Board Fuck you and and the ice cream truck you rode in on Switzer !!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cefashion 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

SteelerDayTrader

Spencer claimed by the Broncos

• #35890 Reply

SteelerDayTrader

Spencer’s value largely stems from what he offers in the return game. During the preseason, he averaged more than 14 yards per kick and chipped in with a 35 yard kick return. He also carried the ball twice for 48 yards and added another four receptions for 39 yards.

• #35891 Reply

SteelerDayTrader
  • #35895 Reply

Lynch

Dude… Clank Spencer sucks. He won’t do shit other than get injured in Denver.

• #35896 Reply

Wil Masisak

I’m with the trader. The Steelers had bottom 5 starting field position last year. Lack of turnovers and returns were the culprit. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is…?

• #35903 Reply

LakecrestSteeler

You guys are being a little dramatic with Spencer.

Bottom 5 starting position…at the 26. Perfectly fine with that, especially when we were second in the league in points scored per drive relative to field position.

It was not the points we scored that did us in, it was the points we allowed the other team to score that did us in. We could fair catch every punt and take the kickoff on the 25 the whole year and if our takeaways improve and the defense improves we go to the Super Bowl.

• #35904 Reply

Wil Masisak

Thing is: FG attempts are easier when they’re closer, FGs turn into TDs, pints pun other team deep in their end—-a few more yards of starting field position could have been huge. Hell, Steelers were two made FGs away from a bye week. I think they’ll be alright, but I think it’s fair to wonder if touches by Switzer give them the best chance to win.

• #35911 Reply

Lynch

The Switzinator was running on one leg last year. I’m betting he does a little better this season.

• #35914 Reply

LakecrestSteeler

I truly hear what you are saying. You are talking about another formula for victory. Switzer is not the Big Ben of returning. I know there is a Ben Roethlisberger of returns out there too, and when we see that person we will all collectively say ahhhh, that’s how Special Teams returns should look!

If that 10% improvement in scoring odds is to be believed for every 10 yards of improved field position you are 100% correct in what you argue.

I find it telling that a 30 and 31 year old are in the top 5 for returns in both the kicking and punt returns. This leads me to believe it is more return scheme than talent.

Switzer is number 8 in punt returns and number 9 in Kick returns in terms of total yards.

What is wrong with that after being traded from Dallas to Oakland to Pittsburgh and not having a full training camp?

All 3 columns of return data (yards, returns and avg yards/return) can be twisted to tell a story about the returners.

The leading punt returner in yards had the most punt returns.

In punt returns the highest yards per return avg is highly correlated with age; 30 year old is number 1 and 31 year old is number 2, but they had 7 and 10 less punt returns than Switzer.

Fair Catches during punts, Switz was number 3 in the league. You have to go down the list to find average yards per return leaders. After watching Switz for a solid season, I am certain his fair catches are nothing more than Special Teams process. Switz can execute the hell out of catches, so all they have to do his tweak his fair catch halo if they want more returns and want him to move up in the stats. And we don’t know what is being asked of him either.

The more I study the stats, the more I am convinced Switz is an excellent punt return man; kick returning should be solely focused on getting a touch back. I bet you all will be eating your words on punt returns this year.

All purpose yards? That is another story, but I would not be surprised if Switz turns that around too.

Switz Punt Returns Data:
    #2 in number of punt returns.
    #3 in number of fair catches.
    #9 in punt return yards.
    #13 in average yards per return.
    23 yards was his longest return.

“Yards per return” leaders had a 78 (#1) and 99 (#2) yard return for their longs.

If Switz breaks 1 punt return last year, he monopolizes the stats in every category, and would be considered one of the best no matter how you slice the numbers. Is that skill, talent or luck?

You would be crazy not to roll the dice on Switzer this year!

• #35916 Reply

Ice

Holton added to PS.

Haden 2 years, 22 million, 16.8 SB.

• #35917 Reply

Bier Bruder
    Participant

A bit surprised they only kept 5 receivers. They probably thought everyone they released would clear waivers and still be available.

Was hoping they would keep Spencer. He would have added an element to the return game and his speed could have helped on offense.

Can understand the Ice Cream Man making the roster. He’s been the Unofficial Steelers PR man all offseason, sucking the Grey at every chance.

And mostly reliable on special teams. (WTF on that safety?)

• #35920 Reply

LakecrestSteeler

Sometimes grey is better than black or white.

• #35921 Reply

CORE-10

I think they only kept 5 WR because they have solid receivers in the backfield in conner and samuels. According to steelersdepot, they’ve been shifting mcdonald around in formations, and by extension, I see the RB’s moving around as well. Or they activate one later. . . ?

• #467198 Reply

cefashion
Reply To: Fuck you and and the ice cream truck you rode in on Switzer !!
Your information:

Cancel
Skip to toolbar